Our Sold Listings

$ 1,457,000
Sold

Gated Equestrian Estate

Sold

19955 SE 236th St Maple Valley, WA 98038

4 Bed
3 Baths
4750 sqft
Built in 1994 and substantially expanded and improved in 2013, this gated equestrian estate is nicely sited at the end of a private tree lined drive surrounded by pasture. An impressive two story entry hall is flanked by a large formal dining room on one side and a bedroom currently used as a den on the other. The entry hall leads to a formal living room with vaulted ceilings, a gas fireplace and French doors to a large patio, koi pond, Trex deck, fire pit and gazebo. The gourmet kitchen has been updated with hardwood floors, custom oak cabinets, granite counter tops, a large central island and top of the line Thermador appliances that include a six burner cook-top, a double oven, a convection microwave, a warming drawer and a wine cooler. The kitchen also features informal dining and sitting areas with a gas fireplace. The laundry room adjacent to the kitchen offers a secondary refrigerator and sink. A temperature controlled wine room with 1,800 bottle capacity is located off the entry hall along with a full bathroom. The main floor master retreat features a gas fireplace and a luxurious bathroom with heated travertine floors, a copper soaking tub, a two person shower, a dual sink granite topped vanity, two walk-in closets, two toilets and an additional washer/dryer. The master bathroom provides direct access to a covered deck with an outdoor hot tub and to an attached exercise room with wet bar, sink and refrigerator. Two additional bedrooms are located upstairs along with a full bathroom and a family room that could easily serve as a fifth bedroom. The property also includes a detached garage with six car tandem parking. HORSE FACILITIES This impressive equestrian property was designed for use as a dressage training facility. The 48' x 84’ show barn features a 12’ wide rubber-matted main aisle and 12 rubber-matted, Noble panel stalls ranging in size from 12’x12’ to 12’x20’. Seven of the stalls have direct turnout to paddocks, and three of those stalls are directly attached to pastures. Additional features include two 12’x12’ wash racks, a 12’x24’ hay storage area with 15 ton capacity, a large tack room with electric forced air heaters, built-in cabinets and counter tops and a refrigerator and a laundry room with built-in cabinets, a washer/dryer and sink. The 70’x192’ covered arena features blended sand/rubber and felt footing, 1 1/2 inch angled Brazilian hardwood side walls, a viewing platform, a hardwired sound system and metal-halide lighting. LAND The thoughtful design of this nearly 7 acre fully fenced property makes practical use of the year-round pastures and paddocks. Beautifully mature landscaping and fir and cedar trees surround seven separately fenced pastures, each with its own run-in shed. There are ten paddocks in total, three with all-weather footing and Noble panel shelters. A three bay carport provides covered parking for tractors and trailers. The property is served by private well and septic systems.
Windermere Premier property
Listing Courtesy of Northwest MLS / Windermere Professional Partners / Jeff Williams
$ 1,250,000
Sold

North End View Home

Sold

4622 N Verde St Tacoma, WA 98407

5 Bed
3.5 Baths
4733 sqft
HISTORY This Colonial Revival Bungalow was designed and built for prominent businessman Andrew Wiegel and his family circa 1900. Wiegel was the president and treasurer of the Tacoma-based Wiegel Candy Company, Wholesale Confectioners and Candy Manufacturers. He immigrated from Holland to Michigan in 1870 and married his wife Altha in 1871. The couple had two sons, Walter and John. Wiegel worked as a confectioner in Michigan until 1890, when he moved his family to Tacoma. Andrew and his brothers Walter and Rudolph established the Wiegel Candy Company in April of 1892 with a storefront in South Tacoma. In 1904, they moved the business to a new building that they constructed at 1922 Pacific Avenue (currently the Cherry Parkes Building on the UW Tacoma campus). Weigel was active in Tacoma society and a member of the prestigious Community Club. Altha remarried after Andrew's death in 1920 and remained in the house until 1926. By 1933, her son Walter moved into the family home with his wife Gussie. Walter continued to run the Wiegel Candy Company in his father's absence and died in 1964. The Wiegel House is eligible for inclusion on the Tacoma Register of Historic Places, given its association with the Wiegel family and as a fine early example of the Colonial Revival Bungalow style, popular in the early 1900s. PROPERTY This historically significant bungalow is beautifully sited on a bluff overlooking Puget Sound, offering breathtaking 270 degree views of the Olympic and Cascade Mountains, Vashon Island and Brown's Point. The home features a number of architectural elements consistent with the period, including leaded and stained glass windows, vintage hardware and intricate mill work. Additional features include updated plumbing and electrical and a newer high efficiency furnace with heat pump. A generous entry hall with built-in seating is flanked by a library and formal living room. The formal dining room features an impressive fireplace with a mantle and figural Minton tile surround sourced from the Hewitt Mansion. The eat-in kitchen has been updated with concrete counters, custom cabinetry, under counter refrigeration and freezer storage and built-in seating. A cozy den with a wood burning fireplace is adjacent to the kitchen. A bedroom and full bath with clawfoot tub are also located on the entry level. The second floor master suite features dramatic water views, three walk-in closets, a wood burning fireplace and an updated 3/4 bath. Two additional bedrooms and an updated full bath are also located on the second floor. A fifth bedroom, 3/4 bath and large family room are located on the lower level. Exterior amenities include an expansive view deck accessed from the kitchen and the living room, ideal for entertaining large groups. The property also has a detached two car garage.
Windermere Premier property
Listing Courtesy of Northwest MLS / Windermere Professional Partners / Jeff Williams
$ 922,572
Sold

Gated Lakewood Estate

Sold

11417 Gravelly Lake Dr SW Lakewood, WA 98499

3 Bed
3.5 Baths
4715 sqft
RESIDENCE This gated single story home is beautifully sited amidst old growth trees and formal gardens, offering a wonderful sense of privacy and seclusion. A grand central gallery leads from the formal entry to a dramatic formal living room with soaring ceilings, an impressive marble fireplace and direct access to a large patio. The central gallery is flanked by two master suites. The larger of the two features an amply sized bedroom with patio access, a dressing room, a laundry room and a luxurious bathroom with two separate vanities, a soaking tub, a custom shower and travertine flooring. The junior master suite is located directly across the gallery and offers a full bathroom and patio access. A third bedroom and an additional full bathroom are located near the entry foyer. A half bath is accessible both from inside and outside the house, convenient when gardening. The gourmet kitchen is located at the opposite end of the house and features a central island, granite counter tops, a Lacanche seven burner range with dual fuel double oven, a Sub-Zero refrigerator and a Bosch dishwasher. The kitchen is open to the family room with box beam ceilings and a fireplace. A large pantry offers ample storage, and central stairs lead to an unfinished basement. The formal dining room is located just off the kitchen and provides a beautiful space for entertaining, with French doors that open to a large patio creating a perfect indoor/outdoor flow. An intimate library located between the dining room and the formal entry features a third fireplace, custom built-in cabinets and box beam ceilings. Indirect natural light filters softly into the public spaces throughout the house via an ingenious system of skylights. HISTORY This beautiful one acre property was originally part of the Weyerhaeuser family's lakeside summer estate. The initial structure was designed in 1973 by renowned local architect Alan Liddle, who had gained early notoriety as the supervising architect for the Frank Lloyd Wright designed Chauncey Griggs House in Tacoma (1954). Liddle enjoyed decades of success, with publication of many of his architectural projects throughout the Puget Sound region. He retired in 1998. This particular home was extensively updated and expanded in 2003. LOCATION First settled in the mid-1800s, the area we now call Lakewood was once known as The Prairie. A number of wealthy families built grand estates on the shores of Gravelly and American Lakes towards the end of the 1800s, and the Tacoma Country and Golf Club was established on American Lake in 1894 – the first golf club west of the Mississippi River. Additional community assets include St. Clare Hospital, the Flora B Tenzler Memorial Library, Clover Park Technical College, Pierce College and Lakewold Gardens. The City of Lakewood was incorporated in 1995 and is currently the second largest city in Pierce County. It offers easy access to downtown Tacoma and Joint Base Lewis McChord.
Windermere Premier property
Listing Courtesy of Northwest MLS / Windermere Professional Partners / Jeff Williams